Saturday, May 12, 2012

French 2nd Cavalry Division

As you can see I have started work on the French II Corps as was planned, which is something considering how easily I can be distracted. I decided to start with the cavalry first this time around because I have been painting pretty much nothing but cavalry for the last 11 regiments.

The 2nd Cavalry division contains 4 regiments; The 1st and 6th Chasseurs a Cheval regiments and the 5th and 6th Lancer regiments.

French 2nd Cavalry Division
1st Chasseurs a Cheval
6th Chasseurs a Cheval
5th Lancers
6th Lancers
When going back and refreshing my memory on how to paint Chasseurs a Cheval, I discovered, to my displeasure, that I had painted the wrong Chassuer regiment for the French I Corps. After having discovered the error I decided that, in order to keep the I Corps a complete unit, I needed to paint a replacement regiment ASAP. Luckily from my last preparation session for 6mm Napoleonics (another of which I will have to do soon) I had an extra regiment of Chasseurs at my disposal.

3rd Chasseurs a Cheval

 For those of you paying attention, you will note that I used the French Elite Light Cavalry from Baccus for these three regiments of Chasseurs a Cheval. I did this for several reasons. The first being that I had 3 extra regiments from buying cavalry regiments for the Imperial Guard and the second being that I am looking at a total of around 12 or more regiments of Chasseurs a Cheval by the time I am done with the French. Compared with 9 regiments of Hussars. Also, full told I have the option of painting up to around 30 different Chasseur regiments compared with only 11 Hussar regiments.So the need to fill up the Chasseur slots is more pressing at the moment.

Currently I have begun work on the 5th Infantry Division in the II Corps. Once that division is compete I will be preparing another large section of my stocked 6mm miniatures. I plan on preparing 12 infantry regiments (10 line and 2 Guard), 9 Dragoon regiments, 4 Cuirassier regiments, 2 Hussar, 2 Chasseur a Cheval, and somewhere around 16 guns and their crews along with 8 more limbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment