Sunday, January 27, 2013

Long Awaited 6mm Napoleonic Update

It is very ironic that as soon as I finally get back involved with painting miniatures that I have a new semester of college to look forward too. Oh well. As I have done in the past these are just some divisional updates. I am nearing completion of the French IV Cavalry Corps. But otherwise no new major formations have been completed yet.

First up is my newly completed Imperial Guard Infantry Division. This Division consists of the 3rd Regiment of Old Guard Grenadiers. Which was formerly a Dutch Grenadier Regiment in Holland before France took over the country and Napoleon absorbed that Regiment into the Imperial Guard. The other Regiment is a fictitious 3rd Regiment of Middle Guard Chasseurs. The idea behind this Regiment is the same as that of the 3rd Old Guard Regiment. That it served as a part of the Guards to King Louis in Holland before Napoleon merged these two Regiments into the Imperial Guard. This Division is know as the Imperial Guard 3rd Division.

I made the stone wall my self using basing materials.

Up next is the completed Imperial Guard Heavy Cavalry regiment comprised of the "The Gods" and "The Immortals". Both of which are Grenadiers a Cheval Regiments. Accompanying them are "Empress Dragoons" and the "Imperial Dragoons". Both of which are Dragoon Regiments. The later of each classification are fictitious regiments so as to fill out some spaces in the Divisions and to use extra figures from Baccus 6mm.

The Empress Dragoons
The Imperial Dragoons
You can read more about these other two Cavalry Regiments in an earlier post on this blog.

And finally I have the newly finished (sort of, I am still missing the Division commander for this division) 14th French Cavalry Division. It is Comprised of the 5th, 6th, 9th, and 10th Cuirassier Regiments. This Division when finished will join the French IV Cavalry Corps.

The fence is hand made using toothpicks that I shaved and cut up.

Currently I am working on the French 10th Cavalry Division which is comprised of Dragoons and I have also begun painting my Ferrus Manus proxy. Expect an update on the Primarch project sometime soon. Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment