Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reinforcements are on Route

Under 6mm Eagles update
So a few updates on all the projects I am working on are in store. The biggest update, in terms of the number of unites added to the available OOB, is to the French. I have completed a grand total of 12 artillery batteries(8 Horse batteries and 4 Light batteries). The Light batteries and one of the horse batteries will go to completing the French I Corps' Artillery park. The other 7 Horse batters will go to the II Corps(1x), the Imperial Guard(2x), and to the II and IV Cavalry Corps(2x each). Once again I am awe struck at the 6mm line. Nothing else compares to this.
Eight Horse Artillery Batteries.

Four Light Artillery Batteries.


The second addition to the French army comes in the form of two newly completed Cavalry Regiments. One of Hussars and one of Chasseurs. They are the 6th Reg of Hussars and the 8th Reg of Chasseurs. They are for the newly started 7th Cav Division in the French IV Corps. Note to reader: Do not ask why I paint what I paint when I paint it. It does not make sense to me either. As for painting these guys. If I ever get around to buying some of Perry's plastic Hussars, I certainly hope I have more fun painting them than I do with these 6mm guys. They are a pain in the butt to paint. Not sure why( I think it may have to due with all the colors and trying to make it look good on 6mm, generally not hard to do given the "paint what you can see at 3ft" rule). Anyways they are done and I still have more to do.
6th Reg of Hussars
8th Reg of Chasseurs


Next for the 6mm line I think I am going to start on some of French Line Lancers I have base coated so I can complete the French I Corps. 

Eagles of Rome update
I finished base coating the last two boxes of Warlord Games Roman Legionaries that I have. As well as having made another contribution to having trees cut down in the forests by ordering some more bases from LITKO. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for bases for their miniatures. All the shapes and sizes you could want. They even give a few options on what material you want them made out of and thickness. Enough of the advertisements. SO the plan right now is to use the bases that are coming in this order to outfit as many 12 figure Cohorts from all my Romans as possible. Once this is done I then should be able to tell how many more commanders I need. With that I should be able to get an order together sometime in February(provided I do not get distracted............ again).

Once I get all the command figures I need I should with just what is in these two pictures be able to make 16 Cohorts. I think I will try for two Legions then.


Under the Eagles update
So here is the now completed 28mm French 1st and 2nd Regiments of Old Guard Grenadiers. 4 full battalions of les grognards to give the Allies and French command a pain in the neck. Next I think I am going to start on either the 3rd Reg of Old Guard Grenadiers or finish the other Victrix French line Reg that is waiting to be painted. As well as getting some more Roman commanders the next order of Miniatures should also included some battalion commanders from Perry to round out a couple of battalions I have lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment