Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Matter of Perspective

A little while ago I finished my two regiments of the Old Guard Grenadiers for my 28mm Napoleonic line. Additionally I also completed in the 6mm range the two regiments of Old Guard Grenadiers . And I thought to myself "wouldn't it be cool to see them in comparison".  Well here they are.


The Breakdown 
Both the 28mm and 6mm Old Guard regiments have the same number of figures (96 total each). However the time to paint is way different. It took me about 8 hours to paint all 96 6mm figures compared with the 96+ hours to paint all 96 28mm figures. This does not even include the time for the basing them all(which I have never timed myself on). What about price? Not including paint, bases and basing material, which would be more expensive for the 28mm figures, the cost of the 6mm figures was about $8 for all 96 figures. For the 28mm figures the cost was about $70 for all 96 figures. The price break down per figure comes out to be $.08 per 6mm figure and $.73 per 28mm figure. So for the $70 it would take for 96 28mm figures, I could get about 875 6mm figures!!! That is about 18 regiments of 6mm figures. Net result? It is way cheaper, less time consuming, and easier( YES easier) to paint 6mm figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment