Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lancers and Plans

The first thing I would like to talk about is the regiments I have finished as of late. I have just finished the 1st and 2nd Regiments of Lancers for the Imperial Guard. More specifically the "Polish" (1st Reg) and the "Red" (2nd) Lancer regiments. They are the first part of the Imperial Guard 1st Light Cav Division.
The Polish Lancers
The Red Lancers

I am now currently working on the Middle Guard 1st Division. Like the Old Guard Division it will be comprised of 2 regiments of infantry.


The second thing I wanted to talk about was what my plans are. I know that they have been changing a lot as of late so I have been trying to nail down what I am doing over the next year. With the current semester nearing completion my thoughts have started turning towards what I am going to be painting during the summer. In order to firm out my painting schedule I needed to take stock of what I have finished and what I have available to paint. The results were kind of stunning.

What has been painted 
I have painted a total of 28 infantry regiments, 31 cavalry regiments, and 24 guns with their accompanying crew. Not to mention 21 divisional commanders, 5 corps commanders, and 3 army commander. Plus additional skirmishers seen on several regimental bases.

What has not been painted
Unpainted I have 61 infantry regiments, 47 cavalry regiments, and 28 guns. With those numbers comes a bunch of additional command stands and skirmisher stands.

Totals
Just for fun I decided to come up with some figure totals for everything I have bought from Baccus 6mm.

Infantry Total = 4272 figures (plus a few hundred for skirmishers).
Cavalry Total = 1404 figures.
Gun Total = 52 guns and 208 crew (does not include limbers).
Commanders = may be 100 figures.

Grand Total = 5884 figures and 52 guns (does not include limbers, skirmishers, or commanders).

That is quite the haul for only having made 3 orders to Baccus 6mm. And even though I cannot recall the cost for all these figures I assure you it is not possible to get this many figures in any other scale for what I have paid so far.

The Plan
With this information in hand I think I have finally firmed out what I will attempt to do over the rest of this year.

1st) Through the rest of this semester I will finish all the prepared Imperial Guard regiments I have.

2nd) Depending on when I finish the Guard I will then proceed to begin the French II Corp and take it to completion. Finishing any Guard infantry regiments I can along the way. I hope to finish the French II Corps some time early in the Summer. This means a total of 16 infantry regiments, 4 cavalry regiments, 3 light artillery batteries, 4 division commanders, and 1 corps commander. I already have 1 heavy artillery battery, 1 horse artillery battery and 1 divisional commander finished.

3rd) After the French II Corps is done I am going to tackle and finish the French II and IV Cavalry Corps. These two corps only need 4 additional regiments each plus 2 division commander (one for each) and 1 corps commander.. While I am doing this I will also try and complete all Guard Cavalry I can.

4th) When all this is complete I plan on making a big drive into the Allied forces. Either Russians or Austrians. Not sure which. The Prussian are once again put on hold, which is not so bad because I only have a few of them.

Ultimately I hope to have 2 French Army Corps, 2 French Cavalry Corps, a sizable portion of the Imperial Guard, and possibly two Allied Corps done by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment