Friday, April 4, 2014

Legionnaires Disease

No I am not sick. Though my desk is currently covered in Imperial Roman Legionaries. I got back from spring break a while ago and while I was at my parents house I remembered to grab my Imperial Roman Legionaries that I had left there. Subsequently I have been working these last few days to repair the painted figures and then begin to update their paint job, much in the same manner that I am working on my 28mm Napoleonics. I also went through and took stock of the number of figures I have and what all I could do with them. The following pictures are a few flights of fancy on that subject.





On a side note. I have a little bit of a funny story to go along with the title of this post. About a year ago I got an email from some group asking if they could use one of my old photos in a paper on Legionnaires Disease. I never answered because they wanted a photo quality that I could not obtain. Still it is rather funny.





As you can see I have a lot of prepaired figures and some that where painted to a rather bad standard(by my current standards anyway). The repair work is mainly focused on the water slide transfers as some of them have started to come off the shields as I did a pretty bad job at the time. Also there are a few figure that I may never use, as the poses that I set up are just awful. Oh to be a young and dumb miniature enthusiest.

Parting thoughts and shots. I have not done one of these in a while.
First up are some pictures of the two books that I use the most for painting Napoleonics. I was reading another persons blogs and happened to notice that he had recently been to a literary museum in France and they had a tone of figure plates on collection by this one French couple. I saw one of the plates and went "Hey now, I own a book of that stuff".





They are not worth more than about $25, so don't bother trying to hunt up where I live just to steal them. They are however, an excellent source for trying to figure out what colors to use for your figures.

The last thing I have on my mind is this idea of redoing paint jobs for my figures. I am dead set on doing this for my 28mm Napoleonics and Romans. The full realization that I was stifling my painting skill because I wanted a uniform look is quite startling. And as such I have been looking at my 6mm collection wondering if I should redo those figures as well. No firm plans as of yet besides a definite desire to redo all of the bases for my 6mm figures. In fact I plan on staying away from my 6mm stuff until I get one of these two current redo project over with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment