Thursday, November 10, 2011

French Infantry, Artillery and Cavalry

French Infantry 

I'll start with the French infantry that I have painted so far. My infantry formations consist of 3 elements so far; the Guard, Line and Light infantry. I have 3 completed Guard battalions, 4 completed Line battalions and 2 completed Light battalions. Each battalion has a starting number of 24 figures, 4 of which are the command element. This makes for 6 bases of 4 figures each. I try to have between 2 and 4 figures on 25mm square bases as skirmishers for each battalion. These skirmishers are in addition to the starting level of 24 figures.


Four French Line Battalions. All of these Figures are from Parry Miniatures.

As of yet I have not painted up the regimental commanders for these battalions.


My two completed Light Battalions and their commander.
These two battalions are all from Victrix Miniatures. You will see mostly Victrix miniatures for my Nap Figures


If you want to see a picture of the 3 completed Guard Battalions just scroll up. I am currently working on the fourth battalion and will post some pictures of all 4 when I am done.

In addition to what you see here. I have 4 more French Perry miniature battalions ready to paint and with the addition of a few more command spruces I will have a further 3 Battalions ready to paint. For Victrix I have two Battalions ready to paint and have a further 5 or 4 boxes of Victrix 1807 -1812 French Infantry. Most, if not all of these battalions, will be painted as Line battalions and there stands a small chance that 2 will be painted as Light battalions. For the Guard I have another 2 battalions waiting to be base coated. These will be painted as the 3rd Regiment of Old Guard Grenadiers, joining the 1st and 2nd. If I had the money I would invest in more line infantry boxes and a few Old Guard Chasseurs boxes from Victrix. But alas money and time are two things I have in short supply.

French Artillery 

Now the saddest part of the French Army, Her artillery. Unfortunately due to the cost on metal miniatures, increasing this arm of the French military does not fit into my budget for the number of French Artillery pieces I want. Currently I have only 3 French 6lb guns. I would love to add more guns to that list especially some Guard artillery and some Horse artillery.  


French Cavalry


On a cheerier note my French Cavalry. Currently consisting of 2 painted Regiments of Cuirassiers and 1 painted Regiment of mounted Dragoons and a dismounted Regiment of Dragoons. I have also ready to paint a further 2 Regiments of Cuirassiers and 6 more Regiments of Dragoons 3 mounted and 3 dismounted in boxes waiting for assembly.








Additionally I forgot to mention that I have a tone of commanders to fill in the necessary command positions for all the infantry battalions to be assembled and painted. However I do need to look into buying some commanders for the Cavalry arm of the French army.

Up Next: British Army Command, Infantry and Artillery. Sadly no cavalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment