Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cohort Command

Quick update. Finished both of the two sets of command figures that I have for Legionary Cohorts(except for their shields). However, I only have a photo of one of the command sets. I have also gotten some Praetorians and I have begun putting them together. I have maybe enough figures for a Cohort, but I currently have to figure out what I am going to do for the shield design.


Additionally I have a few pictures of one of my Optios (Cohort Second in command). There will be one Optio for each Cohort and I currently have five others painted but no Shields as of yet.





As a side note I have also finally figured out how to properly put water slide transfers on. Took a little bit of research. I will have to try and figure out how to fix the figures I did a few years ago however.

Some parting thoughts. I have to laugh a bit, as it has been a long time since I have painted 28mm figures like this. The biggest shock was the switch from painting metal and then to plastic 28mm figures. If you are not ready for the change over, the weight difference between metal and plastic figures makes it feel as though you are painting air. Which is a weird feeling. The other thing I am beginning to look at is a way to make painting 28mm Napoleonics enjoyable again. I have a ton of unfinished 28mm figures and the variety of plastic 28mm figures has increased quite a bit since I last looked at them. No firm plans at the moment, just day dreaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment